January 14, 2005

I got lubed by a hot guy

I took Marylou to Jiffy Lube yesterday for her three-month oil change (if it's not obvious, Marylou is my car...she's named both for the character in On the Road and a favorite singer-songwriter of mine, Mary Lou Lord) and I thought the guy who--ahem--serviced me was totally hot. Why is this a blogworthy event? Because, excluding celebrities, I see a guy that I think is hot like once every...I'm gonna say two years. The last time I remember seeing one was actually about two-and-a-half years ago, I think. My friend Jessica, singer-songwriter par excellence and my former bandmate, was playing a show in NYC and there was a guy at the bar who looked like Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave) with a bit of Colin Farrell thrown in (not, fortunately, the eyebrow bit). Hot.

The Jiffy Lube guy, whose name was Tim, was a 50/50 cross between Edward Norton and John Cusack, but with black hair and blue eyes. I think both Norton and Cusack are good-looking men, but more importantly I like them both a lot as actors, which I think was informing my attraction to Tim. Also, black hair/blue eyes is something of a magic combo for me, which helps explain my burning lust for Lauren Graham (of Gilmore Girls). That, and her smokin' bod.

Yeah, don't mind me. The long, cold, lonely winter nights are getting to me, is all.

No comments: